Summary : Alkyd Resins Technology Handbook
Alkyd resins are the Synthetic resins which have a dominant position among the synthetic resins with respect of production volume and the frequency of the use in Paint and varnish materials. Despite the growing popularity of acrylic, polyurethane and epoxy resins, alkyd resins remain highly favoured among paint producers for its variability of compositions and better value for money.
Experts believe that the total Consumption of paint and varnish materials will rise to a great extent in the coming years. Both cost-wise and performance wise, alkyds have proven themselves over a wide swathe of demands, from agriculture/construction equipment to general industrial Metal and even Architectural finishes.
This Book contains alkyd formulation, modification of alkyds, styrene copolymers in alkyd resins, copolymerization of alkyd silicon, polyblends of polystyrene glycol and alkyd in surface coatings, alkyd calculations, and alkyd nomograms. This book will find very helpful to all its readers, entrepreneurs, scientists, technical institution, existing industries, paint technologist etc.
1. Importance of Alkyds
2. The Basic Chemistry of Unsaturated Polyesters
3. Factors Affecting Alkyd Production
4. Monitoring the Alkyd Reactions
5. Alkyd Calculations
6. Alkyd Formulations Based on Theory
7. Practical Alkyd Formulations
8. Assessment of the Performance of Single and Multicoat Red Iron Oxide-alkyd Paint Systems
9. Styrenated Alkyd Resins Based on Maleopimaric Acid
10. Mechanical Properties of Alkyds Resin Varnish Films and the Effect of Different Weathering Conditions on them
11. Modification of Alkyds
12. Copolymerization of Alkyd Silicons for Coatings
13. Styrene Copolymers in Alkyd Resins
14. Blends of Polystyrene Glycol and Alkyds in Surface Coatings
15. Mechanical Properties of Modified Alkyd Resins
16. Polyblends of Polystyrene Glycol and Alkyd in Surface Coatings
17. Calculation of Alkyd Properties
18. Alkyd Nomograms
19. Gas Chromatographic Analysis of the Carboxylic Acid Components of Alkyd Resins
20. Methods of Analysis of Alkyd Resins