Development-vs.-Displacement of Tribal People in India Problems and Prospects 1st Published
by R.C. Pandit
|Pages:||pp. x + 238, Tables, Index, References
The Title "Development-vs.-Displacement of Tribal People in India Problems and Prospects 1st Published" is written by R.C. Pandit. This book was published in the year 2009. The ISBN number 9380031084|9789380031088 is assigned to the Hardback version of this title. The book displayed here is a 1st Published edition. This book has total of pp. x + 238 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Abhijeet Publications. We have about 438 other great books from this publisher. Development-vs.-Displacement of Tribal People in India Problems and Prospects 1st Published is currently Not Available with us.You can enquire about this book and we will let you know the availability.
In an underdeveloped country like India, the establishment of development projects seems to be indispensable to keep on its development process. Undoubtedly these projects have generated A Good number of advantages like providing irrigation facilities, increasing Agriculture output, power generation, increased availability of water for domestic and industrial uses, controlling floods, employment avenues, strengthening of infrastructure base, raising the level of export and finally increasing the level of income of the people as well as the country.
The unfortunate part of the story is that a number of problems like large scale displacement of local people, espesecially of tribal people, and submergence of vast tracts of arable land and forests, widespread water logging, soil erosion, environmental degradation, lack of proper rehabilitation and resettlement, loss of traditional skills and leadership in the tribal regions have emerged. Moreover despite all our concerted efforts and massive inputs, the fruits of development did not percolate to the poor tribal and downtrodden lot. The interest of the local people more especially the tribals could not be well protected. The existing legal provisions could not save the down-trodden displaced people from exploitation. In spite of some compensatory measures, backwardness, low income level, conservative outlook of the local people have compounded the problem of poverty and made most of them pauperized. In India tribals constitute the largest section of displaced people.
Therefore what is needed in the present Context is proper resettlement of oustees and all issues pertaining to displacement should be discussed with the local people.
Against this backdrop, this Anthology of 21 papers embodies critical analysis of various aspects of the subject and offers valuable suggestions for revamping the R&R schemes aiming the development projects more viable with a least displacement discomfort. The present volume contains in-depth and illuminating discussions addressing a wide ranging issues and areas relating to displacement problem of mega developments, R&R policy, S.E.Z., role of N.G.Os in lessening displacement problem etc.
List of Contributors
1. Tribal Displacement and Deprivation in India/Prof. s.n. Tripathy
2. A Review of Industrial Development and Displacement of Tribals (from KBK to Kalinganagar)/Bibhudatta Achary
3. Development and Displacement of Tribals in India/Dr. Ramesh Charana Pandit
4. Development : Induced Displacement/Prof. M. Sundara Rao
5. Industrial Development and Displacement of Tribes in Orissa/Dr. Sitansu Panda, Dr. Ganesh Sethi & Sri P.K. Rath
6. Development Induced Displacement and Rehabilitation Programmes in Orissa : A Study/Dr. Prafulla Chandra Mohanty
7. Impact of Displacement on the Socio-Economic Life of Tribals/Premananda Pradhan
8. Development Induced Displacement : A Study of NALCO, Damonjodi, Orissa/Smt. Sushama Dash
9. Development Induced Displacement of Tribals in Orissa on the Problems of Rehabilitation and Resettlement/Dr. Rajan Kumar Sahoo
10. Development Driven Displacement and Gun-Culture in Tribal India/Krishna Chandra Pradhan & Prakash Chandra Panigrahy
11. Displacement for Development : Issues Need to be Scrutinized/Dr. C.R. Das
12. Development Versus Discplacing in Orissa/Smt. Nendita Dash
13. Tribal Displacement : A Prelude to Mass Resentment/Dr. Brundaban Misra
14. Discplacing the Tribals : A Crisis in Development/Avaya Kesari Parichha Pattnaik
15. Land Acquisition, Displacement and Tribes : A Study of Orissa/R.C. Nayak
16. Development Induced Displacement of Tribals in Orissa/Dr. Upendra Pathy
17. A Study of Displacement, Rehabilitation and Resettlement of Tribals in India/Major Kumar Panda
18. Displacement of Tribals : An Unresolved Issue and Persisting Problem in India/Dr. Rabindra Nath Palo
19. Displacement of Tribals : It's Legal Perspective/Smt. Manjulata Kumari Patra
20. Issues of Livelihood and Displacement in Tribal Regions of Orissa : A Case Study/Dr. Dasarathi Bhuyan
21. Special Economic Zone and Tribal Displacement : An Outlook/Dr. Santosh Kumar Pradhan