Education for Sustainable Livelihoods in Rural Areas
by Yerroju Bhaskaracharyulu, J.M.S. Rawat
Ships From New York
Free Shipping within U.S.A
Check Delivery Estimate and
for your country
|Publisher:||Sarup Book Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
|Pages:||xviii + 382 Pages, Illustrations, Index
The Title "Education for Sustainable Livelihoods in Rural Areas " is written by Yerroju Bhaskaracharyulu. This book was published in the year 2009. The ISBN number 817625942X|9788176259422 is assigned to the Hardback version of this title. This book has total of pp. xviii + 382 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Sarup Book Publishers Pvt. Ltd.. Education for Sustainable Livelihoods in Rural Areas is currently Available with us.
In India, 80 per cent of the population is envisaged in Agriculture and its allied fields and the remaining 20 per cent are in the other sectors. All the rural occupations are practiced without any training. To get mastery skill the rural occupants require training. The formal training would help the rural communities in carrying out their occupations in an effective manner. Hence, the need based training or education would promote the rural livelihood and also can make sustainable. The sustainable livelihood would fully depend on the skills, knowledge and information of the groups. To build the human capital for the rural poor and also to improve their potential, awareness training programmes and educational programmes should be organized, health campaigns should also be organized to make the rural people aware and to improve their health. Food security for the rural people would enable them to diversify their activities and undertake innovative activities. When they don't have safety nets, their livelihood becomes insecure. Education and training would enhance the skills and confidence of the rural people. The need of the rural people not met. Hence, there is a need for linking literacy and education for the improvement of skill in livelihood, appropriate changes in the curriculum at different levels might go a long way in arresting the non-participation through the phenomenon of dropping out of a majority of the students at the middle and secondary levels, which is a given reminder that the majority of students do not find the usual kind of education relevant to their lives and livelihood.
In the light of the above, the Department of Adult and Continuing Education, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam organized a 3-day National Seminar/2nd South Zone Conference on the "Education for Sustainable Livelihoods in Rural Areas" - with the collaboration of All India Council for Mass Education and Development during 7-9, January, 2007.
This volume consists of some selected significant papers which were compiled and contributed by the eminent, veteran Professors, academicians and the scholars.
The papers mainly contributed are considered for publication focused on several themes. The Book consists of 44 articles covering the major themes.
I believe that this book will be very much useful for the research scholars and academicians and the articles which were considered for presentation are worth titled and also useful to make the rural people more self-reliant. I hope that the issues emerged through this seminar were discussed mainly and presented in this volume to make the researchers public benefit. I hope that this volume would immensely helpful, useful and beneficial to the rural people for their sustainable living in rural areas.
Prof. Yerroju Bhaskaracharyulu (b 1953) is currently working as Professor & Head of the Department, Department of Adult & Continuing Education, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. He has two Masters Degrees, one in Industrial Relations & Labour Welfare and another in Sociology (Deviance & Crime) and Ph.D. in Education.
He has been teaching at the Under Graduate and Post Graduate levels for more than 25 years. He has many publications to his credit and has presented many papers on various topics in International, National and Regional Conferences / Seminars and also participated in many Workshops. He has conducted National Seminars and Regional Workshops.
He published four books. Workers Education (2004) Education and Society (2006), Adult Education (2008V) and Guidance and Counselling in Shaping the Destiny (2009)
He is the life Member of All India Adult Education Association, All Indian Council for Mass Education and Development. International Association of Education and World Peace. Public Relations Society of India etc.
His areas of interest are : Workers Education, Environmental Education, Human Rights Education, Health Education, Non-formal Education, Adult & Continuing Education etc.
D. Uma Devi Education for Sustainable Livelihoods in Rural Areas/M.C. Reddeppa Reddy
2. Role of Formal and Non-Formal Education Institutions in Accessing Education for the Rural People/O.P.M. Tripathi
3. Sustainable Livelihood in Rural Areas : Role of Education/P. Adinarayana Reddy, D. Uma Devi and N. Harinath
4. Alagappa University Extension and Field Outreach Model/N. Arunachalam
5. A Note on Adult Literacy/Nabinananda Sen and Arabinda Bhattacharya
6. Status of Health and Hygiene Education and its Impact on Rural Livelihood Patterns/K. Nachimuthu and G. Vijayakumari
7. From Development to Sustainable Development/K. Visweswara Rao
8. Role of Micro-Credit and Extension Education in Community Development/Ravi Sharma
9. Life Skills in Continuing Education/Y. Bhaskaracharyulu and N. Arunachalam
10. Youth and Livelihoods/T. Kumaraswamy, E. Bhuvaneswara Chowdary and K.G. Bharathi
11. Green to Evergreen/A. Sailaja
12. Role of Open Universities in Accessing Higher Education for the Rural People in India : An Analysis/D. Pulla Rao
13. Challenges of the Community Education for the Sustainable Development/Shaik Suleman
14. Strategies for Improving Rural Education/M.S.R. Sarma
15. Educational Opportunities for Women at Primary Stage in Andhra Pradesh : An Analysis/V. Seshagiri Rao and D. Francis
16. The Impact of Globalisation and Modern Education on Rural Livelihood Patterns/K.G. Bharathi
17. Societal Programmes and Schemes Towards Sustainable Livelihood and Rural Development/M. Satyanarayana
18. Education for Sustainable Livelihoods of the Rural People/Y. Bhaskaracharyulu, K. Ananda Rao and Y. Nirmala
19. Impact of Globalisation and Modern Education on rural Livelihood Patterns/K. Rajendran
20. Education and Sustainable Livelihoods an Insight for Improving Facilitation Process/K. Naga Lakshimi
21. Strengthening and Stabilization of Capacities for Neo-Literates and Literates to Improve the livelihoods so as to Suit the needs of rural People/J. Padma Kumari
22. Role of Universities for the Sustainability of Rural Occupations/V. Jagadeeswari
23. Mass Media : Educating in Rural Areas/John Babu Koyye
24. Socio-Economic and Cultural Aspects of Education and Inter-Linking the Education with the Livelihood of Rural People/Sanjay Moon
25. Education for Sustainable Livelihoods in Rural Areas - Basic Education - A Gandhian Approach/V. Seeni Natarajan
26. Education for Sustainable Development Learning for Livelihood - Rule of Common Wealth of Learning to Provide - Distance and Adult Education/V. Govinda Reddy and D. Chenna Reddy
27. Education for Sustainable Livelihoods in rural Areas/B. Venkata Siva Reddy
28. Globalization Impact on Labour Sector/E. Vanilla Kumari, M. Ramesh Babu, E. Sharmila Hymavathi and G. Ratna Priya
29. Psychology of Using Teaching Aids in Rural Areas/T.J. Mouni Suvarna Raju and S. Nageswara Rao
30. Strengthening and Stabilization of Capacities for Neo-Literates to Improve Their Livelihoods so as to suit the needs of Rural People at Araku and Paderu Areas/M. Syamala
31. People Involved in Primary Sector through Role of Education in tribal Development - Issues and Concerns/Y. Govardhana Paratpara Rao
32. Vocational Education and Training/B. Praveena Devi
33. Rural Empowerment through Continuing Education Programmes/Syam Atturi and M.V.S.S. Prakasa Rao
34. Continuing Education and Rural Development/T. Sharon Raju
35. Skills Training - An answer to Sustainable Livelihood of rural youth/V. Satyaseelan
36. Literacy and Enrollment Status of Scheduled Castes in School Education in India/D. Francis
37. Education for the People of Rural Areas for their Sustainable Livelihood/P. George Raja Kumar
38. Education for the Socially Disadvantaged Groups in Rural Areas/S.V. Lakshmana Rao and P. Easwara Rao
39. Vocationalisation of Education/T. Kumaraswamy and E. Bhuvaneswara Chowdary
40. Impact of Globalisation on Dalits Education/E. Vanilla Kumari, M. Ramesh Babu, E. Sharmila Hymavathi and G. Ratna Priya
41. Vocational and Apprenticeship training for Sustainable Livelihood of rural People/S.V. Lakshmana Rao and P. Easwara Rao
42. Rural Education in India : Certain Issues Pertaining to Sustainable Development/H. Subhramanyam and M.V.S.S. Prakasa Rao
43. Education of Muslims - Retrospect and Prospect/M.A. Zulfikar Ali and M.A. Ashrafunnissa Begum
44. Basic Needs for Rural Livelihoods/J. Anuradha