Industrial Jurisprudence and Labour Legislation 6th Revised Edition
by A.M. Sarma
Ships From New York
Free Shipping within U.S.A
Check Delivery Estimate and
for your country
|Publisher:||Himalaya Publishing House
|Pages:||pp. [x] + 433, Tables, Appendices, Biblio.
The Title "Industrial Jurisprudence and Labour Legislation 6th Revised Edition" is written by A.M. Sarma. This book was published in the year 2009. The ISBN number 8184883951|9788184883954 is assigned to the Paperback version of this title. The book displayed here is a 6th Revised Edition edition. This book has total of pp. [x] + 433 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Himalaya Publishing House. We have about 1835 other great books from this publisher. Industrial Jurisprudence and Labour Legislation 6th Revised Edition is currently Available with us.
The Book 'Industrial Jurisprudence and Labour Legislation' deals with different aspects of industrial jurisprudence and labour laws. The book contains altogether 38 chapters and 11 appendices, spread over in three parts.
The book presents the material in a simple and lucid style for somewhat easy understanding of a legally complex subject. It is addressed mainly to meet the needs of students and practitioners.
Dr. A.M. Sarma obtained a Master's Degree in Labour and Social Welfare and also a Degree in Law from the Ranchi University. His thesis entitled "Industrial Relations in Public and Private Sector Undertakings" earned him a Ph.D. from the said University.
Currently he is a visiting faculty member in some management institutes, and also offers specialized training programmes to industrial organisations.
Earlier he was a member of the faculty, Department of Personnel Management and Industrial Relations at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, and NICMAR, Pune. His publications include Aspects of Labour Welfare and Social Security, Industrial Relations - Conceptual and Legal Framework, Understanding Wage System, Personnel and Human Resource Management, Labour Administration in India, and Industrial Health and Safety Management. He has also published a number of articles in professional journals.
Part I : INDUSTRIAL JURISPRUDENCE :
1. Jurisprudence an Overview
2. Jurisprudence Indian Context
3. Industrial Jurisprudence an Overview
4. Industrial Jurisprudence Principles
5. Industrial Jurisprudence Constitutional Aspects
6. Industrial Jurisprudence Case Law
Part II : LABOUR LEGISLATION :
7. The Apprentices Act 1961
8. The Bombay Industrial Relations Act 1946
9. The Bombay Labour Welfare Fund Act 1953
10. The Bombay Shops and Establishments Act 1948
11. The Building and Other Construction Workers' (Regulation of Employement and Conditions of Service) Act 1996
12. The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act 1986
13. The Collection of Statistics Act 1953
14. The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act 1970
15. The Delhi Shops and Establishments Act 1954
16. The Employees' Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952
17. The Employees' State Insurance Act 1948
18. The Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act 1959
19. The Environment Protection Act 1986
20. The Equal Remuneration Act 1976
21. The Factories Act 1948
22. The Industrial Disputes Act 1947
23. The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act 1946
24. The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act 1979
25. The Labour Laws (Exemption from Furnishing Returns and Maintaining Registers by Certain Establishments) Act 1988
26. The Maharashtra Recognition of Trade Unions and Prevention of Unfair Labour Practices Act 1971
27. The Maharashtra Workmen's Minimum House Rent Allowance Act 1983
28. The Maternity Benefit Act 1961
29. The Merchant Shipping Act 1958
30. The Mines Act 1952
31. The Minimum Wages Act 1948
32. The Motor Transport Workers Act 1961
33. The Payment of Bonus Act 1965
34. The Payment of Gratuity Act 1972
35. The Payment of Wages Act 1936
36. The Plantations Labour Act 1951
37. The Sales Promotion Employees (Conditions of Service) Act 1976
38. The Trade Unions Act 1926
39. The Working Journalists and Other Newspaper Employees (Conditions of Service and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1955, and Rules 1957
40. The Workmen's Compensation Act 1923
Part III : APPENDICES