Inter-Ethnic Conflict in Northeast India
by Girin Phukan
|Publisher:||South Asian Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
|Pages:||pp. ix + 174, Tables, Index, Reference, Notes, Biblio.
The Title "Inter-Ethnic Conflict in Northeast India " is written by Girin Phukan. This book was published in the year 2005. The ISBN number 8170032970|9788170032977 is assigned to the Hardback version of this title. This book has total of pp. ix + 174 (Pages). The publisher of this title is South Asian Publishers Pvt. Ltd.. We have about 309 other great books from this publisher. Inter-Ethnic Conflict in Northeast India is currently Not Available with us.You can enquire about this book and we will let you know the availability.
Northeast India is plagued by inter-ethnic conflict. The emerging educated elite of the ethnic groups articulates values and interests which generate a lot of conflict because many of them are competing with each other for share of resources. The militant group of one ethnic community attacks the members of another com-munity on the ground that they do not belong to the same community Thus it appears that most of the ethnic groups in Northeast India have come into conflict with other groups living in the same society. Although ethnic movement in the region claims to be fighting against the Indian state, then end up as fratricidal struggles. Indeed, it is a strange phenomenon that has emerged in this region. No serious academic exercise is made on this aspect of ethnicity as yet. This volume/ therefore, aims at focussing the conflictual aspects of ethnicity of the region.
1. Historicizing Ethnic Politics in Northeast India/Sanjib Baruah
2. Conflicts and Communities : A Northeast Indian Perspective/Apurba Kr. Baruah
3. Globalization and Ethnic Movements in Northeast India : A Synoptic View/Akhil Ranjan Dutta
4. Resolving Ethnic Conflict in the Northeast : Need for a Radical Civil Forum/H. Srikanth
5. Small Societies in a Large Democracy : Problems of Conflict Resolution in India's Northeast/V. Gurudas Das
6. Elite Conflict as a Factor of Ethnic Crisis in Northeast India/Girin Phukon
7. Inter-Ethnic Conflict in Northeast India : The Hmar Dimasa Case/Sukalpa Bhattacharjee
8. The Khasi-Pnar and Karbi Conflict : A Study of Displacement in the Context of Khasi Hills/Prasenjit Biswas
9. Inter-Ethnic Conflict in Arunachal Pradesh : Some Issues/Susmita Sengupta
10. Hmar-Dimasa Conflict in Assam : A Historical Perspective/Debasish Bhattacharjee
11. Politics and Ethnic Strive in Karbi Anglong/Tanmay Bhattacharjee
12. Inter-Ethnic Conflict in Tripura : Causes and Dimension/K. Debbarma
13. Social Darwinism : A Derivative Discourse on Tribal Conflict in Tripura/Gautam Chakma
14. Naga-Kuki Conflict in Manipur/Ratna Tikoo
15. Zomi-Kuki Conflict in Manipur/Rita Mairembam