|Pages:||pp. 183, Notes, Acknowledgement
The Title "Jhumpa Lahiri Critical Perspectives 1st Edition" is written by Nigamananda Das. This book was published in the year 2008. The ISBN number 8185753873|9788185753874 is assigned to the Hardback version of this title. The book displayed here is a 1st Edition edition. This book has total of pp. 183 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Pencraft International. We have about 107 other great books from this publisher. Jhumpa Lahiri Critical Perspectives 1st Edition is currently Available with us.
This volume examines the craft and concerns of the Indian American fictionist Jhumpa Lahiri. Nuances of human relationships (largely under diasporic tensions), longing and nostalgia for the homeland, alienation and marginality in the host country, 'difficulties of existence' in various processes of hybridization, layered communication in chronological narrativity are some of the many aspects of Lahiri's writing interrogated in this volume. In addition to two general essays on her art and two interviews with her, the Anthology carries a large number of close critical studies of Lahiri's widely acclaimed books, Interpreter of Maladies and The Namesake, from varied yet interrelated points of view.
Nigamananda Das teaches in the Department of English, Nagaland Central University, Kohima. He has authored several books including The Poetry of jayanta Mahapatra : Imagery and Vision, and edited the Contemporary Indian Writing in English : Trends, Concepts and Techniques. Areas of his interest include Contemporary Theory, ELT, Translation Studies and Postcolonial Literature.
1. Diasporic Dynamism in Representing India : The Narrative World of Jhumpa Lahiri/Jaydeep Chakrabarty
2. Deeply Different, Deeply Similar : Jhumpa Lahiri's "A Real Durwan" and Rajee Seth's "Baahree Log"/Raji Narasirmhan
I. INTERPRETER OF MALADIES :
3. Family as Space in Jhumpa Lahiri's Short Stories/Himadri Lahiri
4. Where's Home? Patterns of Loss and Longing in Interpreter of Maladies/Reetamoni Narzary
5. Matrix of Sexuality in Interpreter of Maladies/Binda Sah
6. The Metaphor of Pain : Reflections on Interpreter of Maladies/Buddhadeb Roychondhury
7. An Interpretation of Interpreter of Maladies/Zinia Mitra
8. Generations in Diaspora : Perspectives of Child Characters in Jhumpa Lahiri's Stories/Shahnawaz Begum
II. THE NAMESAKE :
9. The Namesake : A Mosaic of Marginality, Alienation, Nostalgia and Beyond/Mansing G. Kadam
10. Contra-acculturation in Immigrant Sensibility : A Study of The Namesake/Bhagabat Nayak
11. Trauma of Diasporic Existence in The Namesake/Binda Sah
12. Identity and Naming Culture in The Namesake/Krushna Chandra Mishra
13. Two Interviews with Jhumpa Lahiri