1. Introduction, Aims and Scope of Operative Dentistry
2. Clinical Aspect of Dental Anatomy, Histology, Physiology and Operative Dentistry
3. Occlusion and Operative Dentistry
4. Clinical Aspects of Dental Caries
5. Patient Evaluation, Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
6. Primary Considerations for Operative
7. Color and Shade Matching
8. Nomenclature, Classifications and Fundamentals in Cavity Tooth Preparation
9. Dental Materials
10. Selection of Restorative Materials
11. Isolation of the Operating Field
12. Instruments and Equipment for Tooth Preparation
13. Matrices, Retainers and Wedges (Separators)
14. Infection Control
15. Pain Control
16. Pulp Protection
17. Periodontal Aspects of Operative Dentistry
18. Amalgam Restorations
19. Pin-retained Restoration
21. Finishing and Polishing of Restorations
22. Interim Restorations
24. Introduction to Composite and other Direct Tooth Colored Restorations
25. Direct Composite and Tooth Colored Restoration for Class III, IV, V and VII Cavities
26. Direct Composite Restorations for Class I, II and VI Cavity Preparations
27. Glass Ionomer Cement
28. Indirect Tooth Colored Restorations
29. Cast Metal Restorations
30. Restoration of Cervical Lesions
31. Conservative Esthetic Procedures
32. Direct Gold Restorations
33. Restoration of Badly Decayed and Broken-down Teeth
34. Restoration of Non-carious Defects
35. Restorations and Stomatognathic System
36. Management of Discolored Teeth
37. Various Designs and Shapes of Margins of Tooth Preparations and Restorations
38. Dental Pulp and Endodontic Anatomy
39. Endodontic Microbiology
40. Therapeutic Agents in Endodontics
41. Clinical Diagnostic Procedures
42. Diseases of the Dental Pulp and their
43. Pulpal Reaction to Caries and Operative Procedures
44. Diseases of Periapical Tissues
45. Orofacial Dental Pain
46. Referred Pain and Metastasis of Pathology
47. Management of Pain and Anxiety
48. Case Selection and Treatment Planning
49. Endodontic Armamentarium and Sterilization
50. Endometrics : An Approach to Pulp Chamber and Root Canals
51. Pulp Capping
53. Root Canal Preparation : Cleaning, Shaping and Irrigation of the Root Canal System
54. Disinfection of Root Canal and Intracanal Medication
55. Obturation of Root Canal Systems
56. Single Visit Root Canal Treatment
57. Traumatic Injuries and their Management
58. Endodontic Emergencies and their Management
This book is written keeping professional and PG Dental Enhance Examinations in mind. Explanations have been given with the answers. It is based on the experience of many toppers regarding flying success in the examinations. This book will guide in preparations for examination. The questions in this book have been compiled after analyzing many question papers of previous years.
The secret of success in competitive examination lies in proper guidance and hard work. This book simplifies your preparation by making you work more efficiently. For the sake of convenience we have written four MCQs books namely : MCQs in Pedodontics, MCQs in Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, MCQs in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and MCQs in Periodontics, which have been divided subjectwise, one book on each major subject. Some allied subjects have been joined together. All the books on MCQs will be true friends and a great asset for the candidates of dental professional examinations, the postgraduate dental entrance examinations and interview, and also for practitioners. The trend is very fast changing toward MCQs. These books will also be very useful for graduate and postgraduate courses, as these contain questions, which are likely to be asked in periodical assessments during graduate and postgraduate courses and in final examinations.
For the preparation for examinations the aim of these books is to encourage the readers to detect areas of weakness in understanding the subject matter so that they may again study the textbooks for better and comprehensive review of the subject. Every effort has been made to update all the books. All the books will be very useful for all the students and will prepare them to face any examination with full confidence.
1. Excellent and comprehensive coverage, covering all aspects of the subject with unique and to the point explanations.
2. Simple and easy language.
3. A book of great value to undergraduate and postgraduate students preparing for various competitive examinations.
4. Authors have vast experience for setting question papers of various objective type examinations.
5. Authors have written about a dozen Textbooks of Dentistry.