NGOs and Socio-Economic Development Opportunities
by D.K. Madaan
Enquire about this book
Free Shipping in U.S.A
Check Delivery Estimate and
for your country
|Publisher:||Deep & Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd.
|Pages:||pp. xxix + 266, Tables, Index
8176292583|9788176292580, NGOs and Socio-Economic Development Opportunities published in the year 2008 was published by Deep & Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd.. View 2857 more books by Deep & Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd.. The author of this book is D.K. Madaan, Kamta Prasad. This is the Hardback version of the title "NGOs and Socio-Economic Development Opportunities " and have around pp. xxix + 266 pages. NGOs and Socio-Economic Development Opportunities is currently Available with us.
During recent years there has been a growing realisation of the important role that voluntary organisations, now known better as Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), can play in socio-economic development. This is particularly so for bringing about decentralized development with a focus on upliftment of the weaker sections of the society. The emergence of such an approach has been largely due to the disillusionment with the earlier adopted strategy of development dominated by the overbearing role of the state as well as the spectacular performance of several NGOs in different parts of the country. Government has also realised the immense potential of NGOs in the development process as can be seen from the approach adopted since the Seventh Five-Year Plan. Study of NGO's role in development has, therefore, become increasingly important specially, as there are very few books on the subject matter.
The Book would be useful to students and researchers, administrators and Policy makers, functionaries of Panchayati Raj institutions, NGOs and all those interested in socio-economic development.
I. NATURE AND FUNCTIONING OF NGOS IN INDIA :
1. Voluntary Development Organisations and Socio-Economic Development/Manoj Kumar Rai and Rajesh Tandon
2. Development Through Non-Governmental Organizations-Prospects and Retrospects/Bibhuti Nath Jha and Shambhu Deo Mishra
3. Organised Voluntary Action : A Complementary Approach to Socio-Economic Development/Anjali Chavhan
4. Rural Development and the Role of NGOs in India : An Appraisal/P. Jegadish Gandhi
5. NGOs and Their Role in Poverty Alleviation/Anil Kumar Choudhary
6. An Assessment of Innovative Initiatives of Non Governmental Organisations in Entrepreneurship Development/Ganesh Bhat S.
7. A Fresh Legislative Package Needed for NGOs/Manohar Manoj Kumar
II. NGOS AND MICRO Finance :
8. The New Paradigm of Micro-Finance and the Role of Non-Governmental Voluntary Agencies in its Promotion : A Few Reflections/M.S. Kallur and A.A. Biradar
9. Self-Help Groups and Micro Finance : An Alternative Socio-Economic Option for the Poor/Manab Sen
10. NGO's Intervention Through Micro-Credit for Self Help Women Groups in Rural Tamil Nadu/N. Manimekalai
11. Empowerment of Women Through NGOs : The SEWA Bank Experience/Suman Jain
III. VOLUNTARY ACTION AND THE SOCIAL SECTOR :
12. NGOs and India's Health Sector/Pranab Sarkar and Debes Mukherjee
13. Voluntary Action for Socio-Economic Development : Organisation of Co-Operative Hospitals in Kerala/A.C.K. Nambiar
14. NGOs and Socio-Economic Development : A Micro-Study of the Indian Council of Social Welfare, Punjab Branch/Upender Sawhney
15. Role of Voluntary Organizations in Socio-Economic Development of Street Children : A Case Study/M. Soundarapandian
IV. CASE STUDIES OF INDIVIDUAL ORGANISATIONS :
16. Role of Voluntary Organisations in Micro Planning : A Case Study of ORRISSA in Malkangiri District of Orissa/P.K. Mishra and N.C. Sahu
17. NGOs and Rural Development : A Case Study of ANARDE Foundation/Harshada S. Rathod
18. Voluntary Organisations and Development Efforts for Socio-Economic Improvement : A Study of Rashtriya Seva Samithi (RASS)/K. Muniratnam Naidu and V. Poornachandra Reddy
19. Socio-Economic Change Through NGOs : A Case Study of Gram Vikas in a Tribal Region in Orissa/D.P. Maharana, B.K. Nayak and N.C. Sahu
20. Non-Governmental Organisations and Socio-Economic Upliftment of Fishermen : A Case Study of KDFSF/K. Pazhani
21. Opportunities of NGOs in Plateau Region of Bihar : A Case Study of Vikas Bharti/Ashwani Kant Jha and Amalendu Kumar
22. Voluntary Action and Rural Development : A Case Study of Lokadrusti/Eswar Rao Pattnaik
23. Non-Governmental Organisations and Watershed Development in India--Case Studies/S. Lakshmikanthamma
24. NGOs and Environment Protection in Angul- Talcher Area in Orissa/M. Mishra and N.C. Sahu
25. Public Work and People's Participation : An Experiment by VCOs/H.R. Venkatesha
Prof. Kamta Prasad is Chairman board of Management Institute for Resource Management and Economic Development, Delhi.