|Publisher:||Adam Publishers and Distributors
|Pages:||pp. vi + 496, Biblio.
The Title "Sir Syed Ahmad Khan A Centenary Tribute 1st Edition" is written by Asloob Ahmed Ansari. This book was published in the year 2001. The ISBN number 8174352767|9788174352767 is assigned to the Hardback version of this title. The book displayed here is a 1st Edition edition. This book has total of pp. vi + 496 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Adam Publishers and Distributors. We have about 677 other great books from this publisher. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan A Centenary Tribute 1st Edition is currently Available with us.
Thrown up by a highly plausible amalgam of Religion and mystical ethos and at a critical juncture in the cyclical History of Indian Muslims Sir Syed is by common consent a unique phenomenon, indeed. He concentrated on galvanizing his co-religionists, to pull them out of the morass of degradation they had fallen into consequent on the trauma of 1857. Not confrontation but rapprochement and reconciliation with the Britishers were major plank of his policy. His radical achievements were : He planned the Strategy of Survival for the Muslims, and he made them develop their sense of self-identity in the pluralistic society of India. He advocated a judicious harmonization of traditionalism and the new structures of thought evolved in the West and accessible to Indians mainly through the medium of the English language. He helped Muslims emerge out of the Medieval into the modern era. To dub Sir Syed as a stooge of the British and characterize the corpus of his writings as 'colonial discourse' is downright silly and obnoxious. He was a patriot to the core of his being and one of the major architects of modern India. Attempt has been made in this collection of articles to look at his colossal personality and achievements from diverse viewpoints and the editor has chosen to abstain from reducing this diversity to a unified whole.
Asloob Ahmed Ansari was formerly Professor of English in Muslim University Aligarh. A notable literary critic he has extensively published both in English and Urdu. He is also the editor of the prestigious Aligarh Critical Miscellany and Naqd-o-Nazar (Urdu).
Born in Deli, Professor Ansari was educated in Aligarh and later graduated from the Honour School of English language and Literature in the University of Oxford. His first publication Arrows of Intellect came out in 1965 : It was subsequently reprinted in America in 1970 : His second book, Minor Prophecies of William Blake which is being published by the Edwin Mellen Press, Wales (U.K.) will be out early in 2001. Besides being an internationally recognized Shakespeare and Blake scholar he has also published substantial critical studies of Ghalib and Iqbal. In Shakespeare studies he made his debut by his major plays : in Urdu he is indisputably held as the initiator of Practical (text-based) literary criticism. He participated a number of times in World Shakespeare Conference in Startford (UK); recently he attended the Conference on "Time and Space in Islam" in Chicago (USA). Abstracts of his articles on Shakespeare have been included from time to time in Year's Work in English (London). He has received Sahitya Academy Award, President of Pakistan Award, Mir Taqi Mir Award, U.P. Urdu Academy Award and Ghalib Award.
1. Impact of Sir Syed with Special Reference to Shibli Farahi and Azad/Zafar Ahmad Siddiqui
2. Sir Syed's Tafsir Al-Quran/Abdur Raheem Kidwai
3. Sir Syed and His Commentary on Qur'an/Asghar Ali Engineer
4. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan's Approach to History and History Writing/Iqtidar Husain Siddiqui
5. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan's Work on Archaeology Entitled Athar-us-Sanadid : A Study/Nazir Ahmad
6. Historical Writings of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan on the Indian Revolt, 1857-59/Z.U. Malik
7. Macaulay's Curse : Sir Syed and Syed Mahmood/David Lelyveld
8. Syed Ahmad Khan and Modernization : The Role of Aligarh Scientific Society in the mid nineteenth Century India/S. Irfan Habib
9. Sir Syed and the Formation of the Modern Muslim Mind/Jilani Kamran
10. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan : An Apologist For Rationalism/Asloob Ahmad Ansari
11. Sir Syed's Attitude to the West/Syed Asim Ali
12. Pan-Islamism and Modernism : Sayyid Ahmad Khan and Jarnal al-din Afghani/Aziz Ahmed
13. Sir Syed as a Journalist/Shafey Kidwai
14. The Signs and Signifiers of Urdu-Hindi Controversy/Naqi Husain Jafri
15. A Re-valuation of Sir Syed's Politics/Iqbal Ahmad Ansari
16. Sir Syed : A True Nationalist/M.M. Adnan Raza
17. Islamic Thought and Sir Syed Ahmad Khan/Qazi Jamal Hussain
18. Influence of Syed Ahmad on Some of His Contemporaries/A.A. Siddiqui