|Publisher:||A.P.H. Publishing Corporation
|Pages:||pp. xxviii + 328, Figures, Illus., Tables, Graphs, Index, References
8176485101|9788176485104, Socio-Cultural Dimensions of Reproductive Child Health 1st Edition published in the year 2003 was published by A.P.H. Publishing Corporation. View 3551 more books by A.P.H. Publishing Corporation. The author of this book is R.N. Pati. This is the Hardback version of the title "Socio-Cultural Dimensions of Reproductive Child Health 1st Edition" and have around pp. xxviii + 328 pages. Socio-Cultural Dimensions of Reproductive Child Health 1st Edition is currently Available with us.
The concept of reproductive health implies that couples have choice' and ability to reproduce, to control their fertility and to practice and enjoy sexual relationship. Reproductive health is not only to be conceived as a state of reproductive process free from disease and disorder. Safe motherhood and Family planning are two vital components of reproductive health. Reproductive Tract Infections (RTIs), Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), Unsafe abortion, Genital mutilation are most underlying causes of reproductive ill health of women. The reproductive health issues of women in India are very complex. The reproductive issues of women revolve around the complex web of gender Relations and power structures. The reproductive health issues of Indian women are sexuality, maternal mortality and abortion, male involvement, domestic violence which are not often appropriately highlighted. In India, various cultural, social and economic factors influence reproductive health of women. In this book, these socio-cultural dimensions of reproductive health have been critically analysed. Eminent social scientists and demographers of India have contributed empirical articles on various issues of reproductive health of women. This Book is a masterpiece of its kind.
R.N. Pati (born in April 1954) is an eminent Social Anthropologist cum Demographer by profession. He has worked among tribes, peasants, slum dwellers and back ward groups of Orissa over a period of twenty years. Currently he is Assistant Director, Population Research Centre, Bhubaneswar. As a demographer he has contributed significantly in the field of tribal health, evaluation of health and family welfare programmes in Orissa. He has also visited Kualalampur, Malaysia and Honolulu, USA on a Fulbright Project assignment in 1982.
He is an eminent Social Worker of Orissa. He has been actively associated with activities of various institutions in different capacities. He has visited several foreign countries like USA, Norway, Netherlands and participated in different international conferences, i.e., 20lh World Conference of SID on "World or Several", Amsterdam May 1991, ECO-92 Public Forum, May 1991, Amsterdam, SO'MULA World Congress on "Environment, Health and Life Style" June 1991 Oslo, Norway, South Asia Regional Conference on Policies and Strategies for Sustainable Development in South Asia, Dhaka, Bangladesh, November 1990.
He is Honorary Executive Director of Council for Tribal and Rural Development (CTRD) a leading NGO of Orissa. He was the Professional Associate to East-West Population Institute, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA in 1982. At present, he is Secretary General, Society for International Development of Bhubaneswar Chapter. He worked as Consultant Anthropologist to NORAD in 1981 and 1987 for the project, Development of Traditional Fishing villages in Northern Balasore. He worked as Consultant anthropologist to various national and international agencies. He has directed a good number of research projects sponsored by National . Commission for Women, New Delhi, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi, Harijan and Tribal Welfare Department, Government of Orissa. He has edited twelve books. His other books are Population Family and Culture (1987), Tribal Development in India (1989), Health and Family Welfare Services in India (1989), Aged in India (1989), Tribal Demography in India (1990), Health, Environment and Development (1991), Rehabilitation of Child Labourers in India (1991), Reproductive Child Health (2002) and Tribal and Indigenous People of India: Problems and Prospects (2002).
He was honoured with prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhawana Award 2003 as the Best Scientist of the year 2003 Orissa by Rajiv Gandhi Foundation, New Delhi.
Introduction of RCH
1. Ethno-medical Practices and Ethnic Healers among the Konda Reddi of Andhra Pradesh/K. Anil Kumar and K.K. Mishra
2. Perinatal Mortality in India; A study to find out the Social and Biological factors in a rural Setting./NC De and S.K. Mishra
3. Tribal Women and Reproductive Health/R. Shankar and M. Thamilarasan
4. Problems and Prospects of Family Planning Programme in India : A Sociological Analysis/S. Mohanty and P.K. Thawait
5. Sustainable Reproductive Health System and Role of NGO : An Experiment in Tribal Regions of Orissa/Nilakantha Panigrahi and Ranju Hasini Sahoo
6. Effect of Socio-Cultural Dimensions of Gender Inequalities on Reproductive Health of Women/P Govinda Reddy and A Chandrasekaran
7. Women Development. A Natural Perspective/B. Prabhakara Reddy and Mrs. T. Lakshmamma
8. Female Infanticide Some Facts : A study in Salem District of Tamilnadu/P. Murugan
9. Relationship between Population and Environment A Malthusian Perspective/B. Prabhakara Reddy and T. Lakshmamma
10. Understanding Women's Reproductive health needs in urban slums of India : A Rapid Assessment/N.P. Das and Urvi Shah
11. RCH and Status of Women : A Contrastive study in two Districts of Orissa./R.N. Pati
12. Infant Mortality among the Munda -A case study in Assam Tea Plantation/Tultul Baruah
13. Maternal - Child Health Care Practices - some Issues Related to Primitive Tribal Communities/Mitashree Mitra
14. Health Status, Health Care Facilities and Ethno-medicine in Orissa/N.K. Behura
15. Maternal Age and Birth Order : A study on determinants of Prenatal Reproductive Wastages among the Santals of Mayurbhanj District/Renupama Mohanty
16. Endogenous and Exogenous Dimensions of Maternal and Infant Mortality : An Anthropological Study on Management of Emergency Obstetric Care (EOC) in Koraput District of Orissa/R.N. Pati
17. Ethno-Medicine and folk Healing Practices among/Padaria Kondh of Orissa Santosh Kumar Mohapatra and Subodh Kumar Mohanty
18. Different Socio-Cultural Dimensions for Nurturing the New Born Baby/Samita Manna
1. K. Anil Kumar, Research Scholar Department of Anthropology University of Hyderabad Hyderabad-500046
2. Dr. Kamal K. Misra, Professor of Anthropology University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad - 500046
3. Dr. N.C. De, Child in Need Institute (CIN1) Pailan, Joka, West Bengal - 700104
4. Dr. S.K. Mishra, Child in Need Institute (CINI) Pailan, Joka, West Bengal - 700104
5. Dr. R. Shankar, Professor and Head Department of Sociology Bharathidasan University Thiruchirappalli Tamilnadu-620024
6. M. Thamilarasan, ICSSR Doctoral Fellow, Department of Sociology Bharathidasan University Thiruchirappalli - 620024
7. Dr. S. Mohanty, Department of Sociology Sambalpur University Jyoti Vihar, Sambalpur, Orissa-768019
8. P.K. Thawait, Department of Sociology Sambalpur University Jyoti Vihar, Sambalpur Orissa-768019
9. Dr. Nilakantha Panigrahi, Faculty in Social Anthropology NKC Centre for Development Studies (ICSSR Centre), Bhubaneswar, Orissa - 751013
10. Dr. Ranju Hasini Sahoo, Anthropologist Anthropological Survey of India Central Region Center Nagpur-440006
11. Dr. P. Govinda Reddy, Reader in Anthropology University of Madras Chennai-600005
12. Dr. A. Chandrasekharan, Reader in Anthropology University of Madras Chennai-600005
13. Dr. B. Prabhakar Reddy, Associate Professor Department of Population Studies S.V. University, Tirupati, A.P. - 517502
14. Dr. (Mrs.) T. Lakshmamma, Asst. Professor Department of Population Studies S.V. University Tirupati, A.P.-517502
15. P. Murugan, Former ICMR Senior Research Fellow Department of Sociology Bharathidasan University Thiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu - 620024
16. Dr. N.P. Das, Joint Director Population Research Centre Faculty of Science M.S. University of Baroda Lokmanya Tilak Road Baroda-3 90002
17. Dr. Urvi Shah, Population Research Centre Faculty of Science M.S. University of Baroda Baroda-390002 Lokmanya Tilak Road Baroda-390002
18. R.N. Pati, Executive Director Council for Tribal and Rural Development Plot No. 420, Sahid Nagar Bhubaneswar, Orissa - 751007
19. Dr. Tultul Baruah, D.H.S.K. College Dibrugarh, Assam.
20. Dr. N.K. Behura, Honorary Fellow in Social Anthropology Nabakrushna Chaudhury Centre for Development Studies Bhubaneswar, Orissa - 751013
21. Dr. Renupama Mohanty, Reader Department of Anthropology Utkal University Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar, Orissa-751004
22. Dr. Mitashree Mitra, Reader School of Studies in Anthropology Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
23. Dr. Santosh Kumar Mohapatra, Department of Anthropology Utkal University Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar, Orissa- 751004
24. Subodh Kumar Mohanty, Department of Anthropology Utkal University Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar, Orissa- 751004
25. Dr. Samita Manna, Reader Department of Sociology University of Kalyani, Kalyani- 741235 Nadia, West Bengal