Supreme but not Infallible Essays in Honour of the Supreme Court of India 5th Impression
by B.N. Kirpal, Ashok H. Desai, Gopal Subramanium, Rajeev Dhavan, Raju Ramachandran
Ships From New York
Free Shipping within U.S.A
Check Delivery Estimate and
for your country
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press
|Pages:||pp. xiv + 481, Illus., Notes, Biblio.
The Title "Supreme but not Infallible Essays in Honour of the Supreme Court of India 5th Impression" is written by B.N. Kirpal. This book was published in the year 2008. The ISBN number 0195672267|9780195672268 is assigned to the Paperback version of this title. The book displayed here is a 5th Impression edition. This book has total of pp. xiv + 481 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Oxford University Press. We have about 92084 other great books from this publisher. Supreme but not Infallible Essays in Honour of the Supreme Court of India 5th Impression is currently Available with us.
These essays, published to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the Supreme Court of India, by leading Indian and foreign scholars, eminent judges, senior advocates, and a distinguished journalist, cover many different aspects of the Court's working since its inauguration in 1950. The notable contributions examine a range of issues that the Court has dealt with and present a wide-angle view of its contribution to the development of contemporary Law in India.
The doctrine regarding the basic structure of the Indian Constitution, its emergency provisions, the concept of the due process of law, human rights and social justice, Environment protection, gender justice, preventive detention, freedom of the press and media are among the subjects of the essays. The Book also presents fascinating glimpses into the early days of the court and the personalities connected with it.
This volume will be useful not only for those connected with the study and practice of law, but also for all citizens concerned about the rule of law and constitutional liberties.
1. The Supreme Court and the Struggle for Custody of the Constitution/Granville Austin
2. The Supreme Court : An Overview/Gobind Das
3. The Supreme Court and the Constitution/Lord Templeman
4. Fifty Years on/Marc Galanter
5. The Supreme Court of India and Australian Law/Michael Kirby AC CMG
6. The Goddess of Justice; the Constitution and the Supreme Court/M. Jagannadha Rao
7. Where Angels Fear to Tread/Lord Cooke of Thorndon
8. The Supreme Court and the Basic Structure Doctrine/Raju Ramachandran
9. Emergency Provisions Under the Indian Constitution/Gopal Subramanium
10. Public Interest Litigation : Potential and Problems/Ashok H. Desai and S. Muralidhar
11. The Evolution of Due Process of Law by the Supreme Court/T.R. Andhyarujina
12. Human Rights : A Worldwide Dialogue/Clair L 'Heureux-Dube
13. The Supreme Court on Human Rights and Social Justice : Changing Perspectives/Atul M. Setalvad
14. The Supreme Court and Group Life : Religious, Freedom, Minority Groups and Disadvantaged Communities/Rajeev Dhavan and Pali S. Nariman
15. Gender Justice and the Supreme Court/Indira Jaising
16. Detention without Trial/Ram Jethmalani
17. Constitution, Courts, and Freedom of the Press and the Media/Soli J. Sorabjee
18. Justice between Generations : Environment and Social Justice/Harish Salve
19. The Supreme Court and the Employee/P.P. Rao
20. The Supreme Court and Tort Litigation/Anil Divan
21. The Supreme Court Bench and Bar : Reminiscences of the Formative Years/B. Sen
22. From Kania to Anand and Setalvad to Soli Memories of the Early Days of the Supreme Court/R.S. Narula
23. Landmarks/J.B. Dadachanji
24. Present at the Creation/Inder Malhotra