|Publisher:||Indian Society for Promoting Christian KnowledgeUnion Biblical Seminary
|Pages:||xiv + 249 Pages, Appendices, Notes
The Title "The Church in India Its Mission Tomorrow Reprint" is written by F. Hrangkhuma. This book was published in the year 1999. The ISBN number 8172142684|9788172142681 is assigned to the Paperback version of this title. The book displayed here is a Reprint edition. This book has total of pp. xiv + 249 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Indian Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge. We have about 1111 other great books from this publisher. The Church in India Its Mission Tomorrow Reprint is currently Not Available with us.You can enquire about this book and we will let you know the availability.
Throughout their whole history, the churches in India have faced a unique Context of cultural, religious, and socio-political complexity. This challenges and even threatens the Indian church but at the same time provides great opportunities. The Church in India : Its Mission Tomorrow, examines the context, the church and the challenges to mission in twenty-first century India.
Prominent mission leaders and eminent scholars tackle a wide range of pertinent issues, making this Book an excellent introduction to missiology for church leaders, mission practitioners, theorists, and students of theology and missions.
Preface/F. Hrangkhuma and Sebastian C.H. Kim
Introduction : Transforming Mission/Ashish Chrispal
Part I : THE CHURCH'S RESPONSE TO TOMORROW'S INDIA
1. Changing Society/K.P. Pothen
2. Communalism: Options and Responses/Christopher Raj
3. Mission to Adivasis/Patrick Joshua Response : G. John
4. Response to Calamities/L.R. Joshi
5. Mission to Slums/M. Devadas
6. The Brokenness of the Tribals in India and Their Future/Krickwin C. Marak
Part II : MISSION IN TOMORROW'S INDIA
7. Small Groups/House Churches : The Answer to the Church in Tomorrow's India/Chris Williams
i. Response : G. Raja Bahadur
8. Evangelization and Church Planting/S.D. Ponraj
9. The Challenge of the Tentmaking Ministry/Beulah and David Chandran, Robin Thomson and L.N. Tluanga
10. Medical Missions for Tomorrow/Vinod Shah
11. Women's Partnership in Missions Tomorrow/Kirsteen Kim
12. Educational Institutions : An Experiential Reflection/Plamthodathil S. Jacob
13. Perspectives on Theological Education/Siga Arles
14. The Need of Tomorrow's India: Missionary Training/Prakash George
Recommendations to the Church in India
Dr. F. Hrangkhuma was formerly Director of the Centre for Mission Studies, Union Biblical Seminary, Pune and is now Professor of Missiology at Serampore College, Calcutta.
Rev. Sebastian C.H. Kim is a Visiting Lecturer at Union Biblical Seminary, originally from South Korea.