The Plays of Vijay Tendulkar Critical Explorations
by Amar Nath Prasad, Satish Barbuddhe, J.M.S. Rawat
Ships From New York
Free Shipping within U.S.A
Check Delivery Estimate and
for your country
|Publisher:||Sarup & Sons
|Pages:||pp. xx + 218, Index, Biblio.
The Title "The Plays of Vijay Tendulkar Critical Explorations" is written by Amar Nath Prasad. This book was published in the year 2008. The ISBN number 8176258563|9788176258562 is assigned to the Hardback version of this title. This book has total of pp. xx + 218 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Sarup & Sons. We have about 1864 other great books from this publisher. The Plays of Vijay Tendulkar Critical Explorations is currently Available with us.
The evil in the world has been nicely portrayed by Vijay Tendulkar in his dramas. He has always been controversial, because he has always been contemporary in his concerns, both social political and theatrical. All his plays deal with the oppression of the weak by the powerful. Vijay Tendulkar uses various themes and employs different forms in his plays. In his plays, we normally find contemporary socio-political issues. He has concentrated on the alienation of the modern individual. He also satirized contemporary politics.
The present Book which is a collection of more than twenty scholarly papers is a modest critical attempt to evaluate the various well-known plays of Vijay Tendulkar. His plays e.g., Ghashiram Kotwal, Silence! The Court is in Session, Kamala, The Vulture, Kanyadan, His Fifth Woman and The Cyclist have been critically evaluated. The last three papers extensively elucidate Tendulkar's art of dramatic technique, his concept of feminism and his truthful depiction of man-woman relationship.
Dr. Amar Nath Prasad is a well-known editor and author of more than a dozen standard books of English literature. He has attended and presented several research papers in different National and International seminars and conferences. Recently he successfully co-ordinated a U.G.C. sponsored National Seminar on Women Empowerment. More than twenty scholarly critical papers and more than a dozen creative Poems of Dr. Prasad have been published in different books, journals and newspapers. His critical books on Arundhati Roy, Practical Criticism, Indian Poetry in English and Women Novelists in Indian Writing in English have been admired by the connoisseurs of literary and critical taste. His co-edited books e.g., Recritiquing John Keats, Recritiquing W. Wordsworth, Recritiquing S.T. Coleridge with Dr. Anupam Nagar, Dr. P.K. Patra and Dr. S John Peter Joseph respectively have received literary accolades from different corners. Dr. Prasad also edits Unheard Melody, a biannual literary journal.
At present Dr. Amar Nath Prasad teaches English literature at University P.G. Dept. of English, J.P. University (Rajendra College Campus), Chapra, Bihar.
Satish Barbuddhe teaches at B.S.P. College, Achalpur Camp (Paratwada) in the district of Amravati, Maharashtra. He has presented several papers at various seminars and conferences. He has also to his credit several of his papers published in different standard books and journals. His area of expertise includes Indian Writing in English, Gender Studies, ELT and Common-wealth literature. He has edited a book "Indian Literature in English : Critical Views".
1. Ghashiram Kotwal : A Play of Technical Perfection/Amar Nath Prasad
2. Tendulkar's Dramatic Art in Ghashiram Kotwal/Santosh Chakrabarti
3. Ghashiram's Revenge in the Labyrinths of Power/Sandhya Saxena
4. Ghashiram Kotwal : A Revenge Play/Shilp Rishi Srivastava and Sarika Srivastava
5. Ghashiram Kotwal : The Mechanics of Power/Satish Barbuddhe
6. Ghashiram Kotwal in the Eyes of Audiences/M.B. Gaijan
7. Ghashiram Kotwal : An Indian Classic/Shailaja B. Wadikar
8. The Symphony of Darkness and a Dark Romance : Ghashiram Kotwal and Hayavadana/Neeti M. Sadarangani
9. Sex, Power and Ambition in Ghashiram Kotwal/M.H. Siddiqui
10. Ghashiram Kotwal : The Play is the Thing/Shirish Chindhade
11. Ghashiram Kotwal : A Study in the Politics of Power and Revenge/Ashok Kumar Sharma
12. The Theme of Casteism in Vijay Tendulkar's Kanyadan/Shailaja B. Wadikar
13. Kanyadan : The Admission of Defeat and Intellectual Confusion/Shilpi Rishi Srivastava
14. Vijay Tendulkar's Kamala : The Theatre of Cruelty/P. Pramila Devi
15. Imposed Silence in Silence : The Court is in Session/Satish Barbuddhe
16. The Trial Between the Humanists and the Anti-humanists in Vijay Tendulkar's Play Silence : The Court is in Session/Ram Sharma
17. Depiction of Human Viciousness in Vijay Tendulkar's The Vultures/Harish Tapadia
18. Vijay Tendulkar's The Vultures : A Study of Crude Realism in Postcolonial Perspectives and Beyond/Uday Shankar Ojha
19. Vijay Tendulkar's His Fifth Woman - An Insight into Social Reality/Harbir Singh Randhawa
20. Vijay Tendulkar's The Cyclist : A Journey of Life/Bhasker A. Shukla
21. Feminist Concern in Vijay Tendulkar's Plays/Vijay Kumar Sinha
22. Man-woman Relationship in the Plays of Tendulkar/Shibu Simon
23. Dramatic Technique of Vijay Tendulkar's Plays/Anju Bala Agarwal