How to Read Better & Faster 4th Edition, Indian Edition
by Norman Lewis
Ships From New York
Free Shipping within U.S.A
Check Delivery Estimate and
for your country
|Publisher:||Goyal Publishers and Distributors Pvt. Ltd.General Book Depot
|Pages:||pp. xxiii + 239, Charts, Tables, Indices, Appendix, Acknowledgement
The Title "How to Read Better & Faster 4th Edition, Indian Edition" is written by Norman Lewis. This book was published in the year 2005. The ISBN number 8183070760|9788183070768 is assigned to the Paperback version of this title. The book displayed here is a 4th Edition, Indian Edition edition. This book has total of pp. xxiii + 239 (Pages). The publisher of this title is General Book Depot. We have about 480 other great books from this publisher. How to Read Better & Faster 4th Edition, Indian Edition is currently Available with us.
This famous book, used by the U.S. Air Force, Marine Corps, and more than 100 leading universities, can show you :
1. How To get more out of books, magazines and newspapers.
2. How to retain more of what you read.
3. How to glance at a page and absorb the main ideas.
4. How to complete a light novel in a single sitting.
5. How to build your reading vocabulary.
6. How to increase your powers of concentration.
7. How to knife through masses of reading matter quickly and efficiently
8. How to double or even triple - your reading speed.
I. How To READ BETTTER AND FASTER THAN YOU NOW DO
1. What Training can do for you
2. What Training has Done for Others
3. What Lies Ahead?
4. How Fast do you can Read?
5. Proof that you can Read Faster
6. Six Rules for Faster Comprehension
II. HOW TO DEVELOP A SENSE OF URGENCY WHEN YOU READ
1. Urgency is the Name of the Game
2. A Challenge to Urgency
3. Exercises in Accurate Response
III. HOW TO VARY YOUR RATE ACCORDING TO YOUR PURPOSE
1. You Are the Subject of a Psychological Experiment
2. The Experiment—Part I
3. The Experiment—Part II
4. The Experiment—Part III
5. Drawing Conclusions from the Experiment
IV. HOW TO READ FOR MAIN IDEAS
1. How Efficient Is Your Reading?
2. Main Ideas and Supporting Details
3. A Test of Your Retention and Recall
V. ALL ABOUT PERCEPTION
1. Reading as a Visual Process
2. An Experiment in Fixations
3. A Note on Fixation Time
4. One Key to Rapid Reading
5. Macular and Peripheral Image
6. Training in Word Perception
7. Training in Instantaneous Word Perception
8. Training in Phrase Perception
9. Cutting through Details to Grasp the Central Idea
10. Reading and Rereading
VI. INNER SPEECH, LIP MOVEMENTS, VOCALIZATION, AND REGRESSIONS
1. Inner Speech
2. Lip Movements and Vocalization
4. Perception Training II
5. Read for Enjoyment
VII. HOW TO GET THE GIST QUICKLY
1. The Details Will Take Care of Themselves
2. Getting the Author's Point
3. Perception Training III
4. Continued Practice on Short Selections
5. A Challenge to Your Reading Habits
6. A Second Test of Your Retention and Recall
7. Perception Training IV
VIII. TEST YOUR READING VOCABULARY
1. How Good Is Your Reading Vocabulary?
2. Perception Training V
3. Sensing Structure
4. "Theme" and "Variations"
5. A Second Challenge to Your Reading Habits
IX. HOW TO READ WITH AGGRESSIVE COMPREHENSION
1. Responding to Central Meaning
2. Are You Applying the Principles of Learning?
3. Perception Training VI
X. HOW TO X-RAY MATERIAL
1. How to Think Along with an Author
2. Perception Training VII
3. An Analysis of Your Accomplishments
XI. HOW TO SKIM
1. Reasons for Skimming
2. Principles of Skimming
3. Practice in Skimming
4. When to Skim
5. Perception Training VIII
6. A Third Challenge to Your Reading Habits
XII. MORE PRACTICE IN Driving FOR THE GIST
1. Concentrate on the Gist
2. And Still More Practice
3. Perception Training IX
XIII. HOW TO WHIP THROUGH MATERIAL WITH GOOD COMPREHENSION
1. Breaking Through the Speed Barrier
2. A Fourth Challenge to Your Reading Habits
3. Perception Training X
XIV. HOW TO READ WITH A QUESTIONING MIND
1. The Importance of Skepticism
2. What to Read
3. Make a Long-Range Reading Program
XV. FINAL TRAINING IN RAPID COMPREHENSION
1. Final Practice Tests in Faster Reading
2. Last Words - A Plan for the Future